Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my big girl. I can't believe that four years have passed since you came into the world. I remember the joy and awe and outright fear I felt when you were born. I wondered how in the world I would ever take care of you and give you all that you deserved. Believe me, I try so hard to be a parent worthy of you. But, that you've turned into this unbelievable little girl is far beyond what I can take credit for. All of a sudden my little baby has become a funny, sensitive, loving, smart and beautiful little girl. You have your own thoughts, interests, likes and dislikes. It happened before my very eyes without me even noticing.

I wish you a wonderful year ahead. I hope it is filled with laughter. I hope you make lots of new friends and find a special one to replace N. I hope you keep the wonder with which you approach the world for another year. I hope you continue to believe in unicorns, princesses, and magic. I hope you keep believing that your parents are some kind of omnipotent super heroes instead of the regular, flawed people we are.

Happy birthday, my sweet girl. Mama loves you more than you'll ever comprehend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Courtney-
My name is Marisa Hicks, I am the Marketing Manager from the Nut Tree Theme Park in Vacaville, CA.
I would like to send you some passes for a day of fun on us!You can email me back at marisa@nuttreeusa.com and check out our website at www.nuttreeusa.com. PS- Nut Tree does awesome birthday parties for 4 year olds!