Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Potty Power Interrupted?

Okay, well I am not sure but Potty Power may be on hold for a while. S isn't that interested in using the potty anymore. It's like the novelty has worn off. Today she not only peed on her carpet, but took off her diaper in her bed and peed all over her sheets, comforter, and mattress. Fabulous. I swear she did it on purpose -- it took all my willpower not to scold her. I definitely don't want to stress her out, but I can't help but feel a little demoralized about this. I was really hoping to have her potty trained before the new baby comes, but if it has to wait, then I guess it has to wait.

In other news, I am really excited to have started another blog. This one is about my cooking endeavors and is called Chronicles of a Non-Foodie. I plan for it to be a place to discuss the recipes that I've tried and share any tips I might find along the way. It will also help me keep a record of my successes or failures in the kitchen. My inspiration was a book I just finished by Julia Powell called Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously. The author basically decided to complete all 500+ recipes in Julia Child's seminal cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year; and she blogged about the process developing quite a cyber following in the process. The book relates this story. Anyway, while I don't want to take on that kind of a challenge (who really wants to cook calf brains or make aspic?), but it has re-ignited my desire to try some new recipes. So, if you're interested pop on over there and feel free to comment.

No comments: