Friday, October 06, 2006

Potty Power

Okay, I have to admit that I was skeptical. Other moms had told me that watching a potty training video really helped their kids get excited about potty training. But I thought, "What the hell. If it doesn't work, all I am out is $11 and five minutes on Amazon.com." So, I bought "Potty Power."

A few days later when it arrived in the mail, I immediately popped it into the DVD player and S was completely entranced by it -- the songs, kids, and dancing toilet paper roll definitely helped keep her engaged. When it was finished, I asked her if she wanted to try sitting on the potty. She was eager to try. Something must have clicked for her in watching that video because lo and behold, S finally peed on the potty! I am not sure which of the two of us was more excited!

So, we've been using the potty for a week now. Oh, what new territories we're embarking upon.

No comments: