Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Introducing "Why I Love You Wednesday"

I've been reading a lot of blogs from other moms, and I really like the idea of having a regular weekly feature like "Chafe My Ass Friday" on BlondeMomBlog and "Wednesday Advice Smackdown" on Amalah. So, I am going to institute "Why I Love You Wednesday" in which I am going to list a couple of things that my daughter is doing to make me laugh, smile, or remind me how much I love her. The reason for this theme is twofold: first, I just don't think I need the pressure to write something funny each week; and second, it will allow me to record all of the little things that S does on a daily basis -- kind of like a little digital baby book. So, here goes...

Why I Love You
-- When I was drying my hair this morning, you made me also dry the hair on Baby Bunny, Mamma Bunny, Raggedy Ann, and Baby Bear.
-- You yell "No" when you're doing something that you know you're not supposed to be doing.
-- You pre-emptively thank me when you want me to do something for you. In other words, if you want me to hold your cup, you first say, "Nanky, Mamma" and then hand me the cup.
-- You call body lotion, shampoo, and hair gel, "soap".
-- You're bossy as hell! All day long it's, "C'mere Mamma!", "Sit Mamma!", and "C'mere Darbu!"
-- You run after Darby trying to pick her up and pet her. I know that it won't be long until you're trying to dress up the poor cat.
-- You think that crackers, carrot slices, cheerios, and Veggie Booty are all cookies and refer to them all as "coo-coos".

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love this idea! And how sweet your little girl is. Thanks for stopping by today. :)